Privacy and Cookie Notice
How Materna collects, uses and discloses personal information.
Materna Medical (“Materna” or “we”) value and respect your privacy. We have developed this Privacy and Cookie Notice (“Notice”) to explain how we collect, maintain, protect, use, disclose and otherwise process Personal Data, meaning any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual, – collected from you or provided by you – when visiting our websites and subdomains (maternamedical.com, millimedical.com or maternaprep.com) or other digital forums or channels that link or refer to this Notice (collectively, our “website”).
This Notice will help you understand our policies and practices for processing and storing Personal Data. By engaging with our website, you accept the practices described in this Notice. This Notice is subject to change from time to time. Your continued engagement with our website after any such revisions indicates you accept them. Please check the Notice periodically for any updates.
Who We are
2490 Hospital Drive
Mountain View, CA 94040
How We Collect Data
Different methods may be used to collect data from and about you including:
- Direct interactions. You may give us information about you through forms or phone, email or other correspondence.
- Automated technologies or interactions. When interacting with our website, technical data such as type of device or browser is collected. This information may be collected using cookies or other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. Third party information may be collected or available to collect including, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment, and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, or search information providers.
Types of Data Collected
We collect and use different types of data including:
- Personal Data. Used directly or indirectly to identify you, such as your name, email address, and telephone number, or that you provide to us through our website. For instance we collect:
- Account Information. When you create an account in our website, we collect Personal Data related to the creation of the account and usage of our website via your account. When you sign up, we receive your full name, email address and password.
- Order Information. When you order a product or a service on our website, we process any Personal Data included in such order.
- Communication Information. When you contact us via email, or other means, you may provide us with Personal Data, such as your name, email address, company, and the content, date, and time of your message.
- Support Information. When you request technical support services, we will process your contact information, such as name, email address, phone number and the country in which you are operating as well as information on the reasons for your support request, and any additional information you may provide in that context.
- Non-personal data. Information that does not relate to an identified or identifiable individual, such as statistical or aggregated information.
- Technical information. Including, Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, or operating system and platform.
- Usage information. Website interaction details, including full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream data for navigation to, through, and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), or methods used to browse away from the page.
Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Data, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.
COOKIES AND AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Essential cookies. Enable you to navigate our website and to use its services and features. Without these cookies, our website will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like, and we may not be able to provide certain core functions and features.
- Analytics cookies. Collect information about the use of our website and enable us to improve the way it works. Analytics cookies show us the most frequently visited pages and analyze site traffic. We use them to look at overall patterns of usage on the site, rather than the usage of any particular individual.
Third-party service providers, including Google Analytics, analyze the use of our website. You can opt-out of web analysis at any time by downloading and installing a Browser Plugin. This is offered by Google or by configuring your browser to delete and reject cookies.
- Customer interaction cookies. Allow us to communicate with you.
- Marketing cookies. Track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. You can opt out of receiving interest-based ads for web properties here (Digital Advertising Alliance’s WebChoices) or here (Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out Page).
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You can edit your browser options as preferred to block them in the future. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our website who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the site, but some features may not function. Some browsers have “do not track” features. This tells a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
HOW PERSONAL DATA IS USED
We may use your Personal Data to provide you with products, offer you services, communicate with you, deliver advertising and marketing, or to conduct other business operations, such as using data to improve and personalize your experiences. In particular, we use the Personal Data we collect to:
- Provide you with the information, products, services, and support you request from us.
- Meet our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing or collections or to comply with legal requirements.
- Fulfill the purposes for which you provided the data or that were described when the data were collected.
- Notify you about changes to our website, products, or services.
- Administer our website and conduct internal operations, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Improve our website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Address any administrative or legal issues pertaining to us, including but not limited to audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and for quality assurance purposes.
- Aggregate or otherwise de-identify Personal Data and use the resulting information for other business purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your Personal Data if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- With our service providers, agents, or business partners. They may perform services for us, including running our website and specific features on the site, monitoring and analyzing web traffic, managing customer information databases, sending communications for us, executing marketing programs and delivering ads, processing payments and calculating sales tax or other required tax, processing and shipping product orders, and delivering products and services.
- With our affiliates. They may support our business operations, which may include legal and administrative support.
- With other third parties. Law enforcement or other government entities: (1) if we believe there has been a violation of our website policies; (2) if we believe that someone may be causing injury to our rights or property, other users, or anyone else; (3) to respond to judicial process or to provide information to law enforcement; or (4) as required by law.
- In the event of a sale or restructuring of the business. Merger, purchase, acquisition, bankruptcy, divestment, or other sale of all or a portion of the company’s assets. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure the transferee uses your information in a manner consistent with this Notice.
- We may share Personal Data with our affiliates and subsidiaries to which it is reasonably necessary or desirable for us to disclose Personal Data for the above-mentioned purposes.
We may share non-personal data without restriction.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionalities of our website. If you wish to access, amend, or delete any Personal Data we hold about you, you may contact us using the contact details at the end of this Notice. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so, as permitted under applicable data protection law.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Notice.
Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding our Services.
PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER
Our websites are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use our website from regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Data outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing, which does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. When we transfer your Personal Data to the U.S., we take steps to comply with applicable data protection law, in particular legal requirements regarding adequate protection for data transfers. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our website. By providing any information, including Personal Data, on or to the website, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your information. We use certain physical, organizational and technical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Please be aware that no organizational security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, social networks or applications. Clicking these will enable connections third party website may collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites, and we encourage you to read the privacy notice or policy to each website you visit.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
We do not direct our website to minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 16 or as defined by local legal requirements. If we learn we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13 without appropriate consent, we will delete such data from our active databases. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the website, then you may alert us using the contact details at the end of this Notice and request that we delete that child’s Personal Data from our systems.
ADDENDUM FOR EUROPEAN RESIDENTS
If you are located in the European Economic Area, then the following information may apply to you in connection with the European General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679 or “GDPR”). This Notice outlines the legal basis on which we process your Personal Data and provides other information required by the GDPR.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We will only process your Personal Data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason(s) we collected and need to use your Personal Data. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Datta, for example to send you marketing communications.
- Contractual necessity. Processing your information is necessary based on your purchase of a product or service from our website, or to otherwise enter into a contract with you.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Data, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or with a court order.
- Legitimate interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data for development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our website. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Data when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
- Legal claims. Processing of your personal data is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
We take measures to delete your Personal Data or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the relevant statute of limitations.
PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERS
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we will comply with applicable EEA data protection law when transferring your Personal Data outside of the EEA. We may transfer your Personal Data to countries which have been found to provide adequate protection by the EU Commission (e.g., Switzerland and Canada), use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Data, or transfer to recipients who have certified to the Privacy Shield or adopted Binding Corporate Rules. For more information about how we transfer Personal Data outside of the EEA, or to obtain a copy of the contractual safeguards we use for such transfers, you may contact us as specified below.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- To be provided with a copy of your Personal Data held by us.
- To request the rectification or erasure of your Personal Data held by us.
- To request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- To object to the further processing of your Personal Data, including the right to object to marketing.
- To request that your provided Personal Data be moved to a third party.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Data, at any time, and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
- You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an incident took place.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Notice. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. We might require further information from you before we can respond to your request.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES NOTICE
Any changes to our Notice will post to this page with a notification to our website homepage. If the changes significantly alter how we use or treat your Personal Data we will send a direct notification to primary contact information we have on file. Changes may occur from time to time. Please frequently check this page for updates.
Unless otherwise indicated, Materna is the entity responsible, or “data controller” for the processing of your Personal Data as described in this Notice. If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding this Notice, your Personal Data, our privacy practices, or to exercise your rights, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at: Materna Medical, 2490 Hospital Drive, Suite 310, Mountain View, CA 94040, USA.